Former Hollywood Actress; Pop Culture Expert
For over two decades, former actress and pop culture expert, Tina Griffin has built a reputation as being a leading media expert. She’s traveled globally for the past 12 years to reveal how pop culture and media is glamorizing harmful behaviors without showing the consequences and how these messages are eroding the foundational development of…
For over two decades, former actress and pop culture expert, Tina Griffin has built a reputation as being a leading media expert. She’s traveled globally for the past 12 years to reveal how pop culture and media is glamorizing harmful behaviors without showing the consequences and how these messages are eroding the foundational development of today’s youth.
Tina has been sharing her eye-opening pop culture message – Hollywood Exposed – at school assemblies, parent meetings, colleges, leadership conferences, music festivals, camps, cruise ships, church services and other venues. This is a very up-to-date, timely, interactive show, including quotes from celebrities as well as actual interview footage affirming that positive media, friends and choices lead to a successful life.
Tina has worked on TV shows such as Jimmy Kimmel Live, Young and the Restless, Lizzie Maguire, Melrose Place, 90210, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Drake and Josh, and Malcolm in the Middle, and countless Hollywood movies. In addition, she was a National Trainer for L’Oreal Cosmetics, was Limited Too’s “Passion for Fashion” national tour emcee, a contestant in the preliminary Miss America pageant and worked at the OSCARS. She’s been a guest on ABC’s Dr. Keith Ablow Show, Alan Colmes National FOX Radio show and has opened for bands such as Colton Dixon, Third Day, Jeremy Camp, Jeff Deyo, Rotterdam November, The Museum, Chris August & Skillet. She is currently a member of Next Generation Alliance, a network of crusaders started by the Luis Palau ministry and a member of the National Speakers Association.
While working as an actor in Hollywood for more than 10 years, Tina has talked with a myriad of celebrities about the differences in the roles they played and their behind-the-scene lifestyles. She realized ‘these secrets’ must be revealed to the masses. During the Hollywood Exposed show, Tina gives the inside scoop of how celebrities shelter their own children from any violent, obscene entertainment and how they preview media entering their homes. This inspirational and motivational show challenges and changes the hearts of all who hear. The facts presented help people establish a vision and purpose for their lives, and learn leadership and goal setting skills that leads to better family and peer relationships. She addresses ways to diminish drug and alcohol use, low self-esteem issues and thoughts about suicide. One of the results is that teens understand their identity is not based on the latest pop culture trends.
In the Hollywood Exposed show, Tina covers today’s top TV shows, movies, video games, magazines and music. She shows how making wise media choices will have a positive impact on our self esteem, relationships, outlook on life and our self worth.
family photo laugh
Tina went from baling hay and milking cows on a dairy farm in Wisconsin to working as an actress in Hollywood. At the age of 20, she drove 2,000 miles west and enrolled at California State University – Los Angeles to pursue a film and TV broadcasting degree and start her acting career. When she isn’t traveling and speaking, you will find her busy writing radio spots, blogging, cooking, camping, traveling, homeschooling her 4 munchkins or having a romantic date night with her best friend – husband Luke.
Ernie was perfect for our Elders Conference at Little River Casino Resort in Manistee, Michigan. We will definitely be using PDA again!
LITTLE RIVER BAND OF OTTAWA INDIANS
Our speaker was great and the crowd enjoyed her! She was very engaging. Thank you again PDA for the great list of suggestions!
Everything went great! and our speaker was wonderful! Thank you so much for all your help PDA! Looking forward to the next one.
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI – KANSAS CITY
I hope that this message finds you well. We had a phenomenal time with Atsuko this past Thursday. We wanted to just let you know how amazing she was. All those that were in attendance thoroughly enjoyed her and had nothing but amazing things to say about her. Thank you for working with us to make sure this happened!
BAYLOR UNIVERSITY CAMPUS
We had a fantastic day with Inge! She was very engaging with all those that attended. Her personal stories about the holocaust were very special and we were moved that she was willing to share them with everyone. Thank you again, PDA for all your hard work and dedication to make this program such a success!
SALT LAKE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Dear PDA Group, Thank you so much for your hard work in scheduling our speaker! From the moment we reached out to you the first time, you worked with us on all details and logistics and kept us up-to-date on the progress. Thank you for all your hard work on making our event such a success! We couldn't have done it without you and your team!
Thank you again, Dr. Kimbrough, for a great presentation, our attendees are still talking about it!
Dr. Henry Lee's presentation was entertaining, insightful and wise. I, and everyone at Pfizer, especially appreciate the remarks you directed about following your passion and preparing yourself to excel. Thank you, everyone, at PDA for helping to make this happen!
The event was successful! I received many messages expressing how awesome, outstanding and inspiring Ms. Webb-Christburg's speech was."
DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. MEMORIAL BREAKFAST, BOSTON, MLK SPEAKER
Everything went well. Atsuko was very easy to work with and the students enjoyed her performance! Thank you again for your recommendation and I hope to work with you again in the future!
CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY
Dr. Novello left this morning after a very successful event on our campus! Thank you PDA Group for your help from the first phone to the last you were with us every step of the way.
GRAND VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY
Jordan Carlos was very very entertaining! A majority of students who answered the event survey indicated they really enjoyed Jordan and definitely will bring him back!
WESTERN CAROLINA UNIVERSITY
On behalf of myself and my organization Entertainment Unlimited the Campus Programming Board of Ferris State University, we thank you PDA and Dan for a successful event!! Dan was magnificent! Students really enjoyed the presentation. I know I did. Can't wait to bring in more programs with PDA Group.
FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY
It was a great pleasure to work with PDA Group! The communication was always prompt, friendly and helpful. We loved the speakers and events we booked through Mr. Peter Walker (PDA Group).
WESTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY
Thank you, Peter, for all your help, you'll be happy to know that the event went incredibly well! Aneesa Ferreira was by far one of the best speakers we've ever had!
• Tina analyzes lyrics of some of the most popular so-called “role models” in today’s entertainment industry.
• Tina discusses how many of these artists live the opposite lifestyle than what they promote in their music videos and music (huge EYE-OPENER!)
• Due to meeting many of these celebrities in person, Tina shares the true stories of the lives they really live.
• Using video clip interviews and quotes from these “stars,” Tina supports her observations with facts coming straight from the celebrities themselves! A majority of this TRUTH has never been revealed in main stream media. (example: Eminem rewriting his lyrics for his own daughter to listen to and Usher believing virginity IS the best choice, etc.)
• Tina talks about her own personal choice to remain a virgin until marriage and the rise in popularity among teens with choosing abstinence. Secondary virginity is also promoted to help teens realize they can start over again if they have already engaged in sexual activity.
• The impact teen movies have on society is covered using the latest releases as prime examples.
• Tina exposes some of today’s hottest rappers/singers on how they promote violence and DO NOT show the consequences when violence is used to “solve” problems in real life.
• The affects of violent video games are discussed in detail. The description of how your brain doesn’t fully develop until a person is in their early 20’s is stressed. Therefore, anything pornographic or violent is literally burned into your mind.
• Tina gives examples of what teens have done with their valuable 60 hours of time in a pro-active manner than to engage in harmful entertainment.
• Tina shares stories of school shooters and the fact that violent video games played a major role in most cases. Several stories revolve around teens being sentenced to prison for life without parole.
• Ted Bundy’s plea to teens to steer clear of pornography and how it has destroyed his life is exemplified in a short video.
• Current bands who promote suicide are discussed as Tina reads some of the lyrics within the songs. She challenges her audience to think about how these lyrics are impacting our minds as a result.
• A real-life suicide story is shared along with how negative entertainment played a major role in this teen’s beliefs that suicide was his only option. (Tina receives countless emails from teens on how this information has impacted their hearts and caused many to receive counseling)
• Cutting affects close to 15% of our teens today. How cutting is promoted in pop-culture is analyzed and the real places we can get healing is revealed.
• Tina analyzes a few of the hottest performers who glorify drinking and drugs without showing the consequences.
• Following is a story of a young girl who was a victim of a drinking and driving accident. She survived the crash, but two of her friends died and she’s had over 40 operations. (Very impactful!! Many teens inform Tina that they will NEVER drink and drive after seeing this footage)
• This section is wrapped up by a presentation of the physical effects of crack cocaine and the meth epidemic. Tina shows a pictorial timeline of a person who was on crack cocaine and died while in prison. The subject’s physical appearance greatly diminishes over a short period of time and once again, teens’ eyes are opened to the truth!
• Tina shows video clips that convey how Hollywood DOES NOT show the deadly-consequences of what they promote – HUGE EYE OPENER!
• The last part of the seminar deals with “what can we do now?” Tina talks about many resources available (world wide and locally in your community)
• A variety of entertainment from the hottest POSITIVE music videos, TV shows, CDs, etc. are played and promoted
• Tina closes the seminar by letting the teens know they can always contact her personally if they have any questions. She also makes herself available for at least 30 minutes after the presentation to answer any questions that people have in result to hearing the message.
• She encourages her audience to make wise choices in life because we only have one life to live!
• Tina challenges people to be pro-active in their communities and share this information to as many people as possible and be leaders NOT followers.
• Tina gives many suggestions on what teens can do to develop their own talents to create change in their communities and world-wide.
this additional topic can be included with any of the media topics above…
• the lack of abstinence education & how the media portrays abstinence is revealed
• Tina’s personal decision to wait to have sex until marriage
• The top celebrities who were virgins before they wed!
• Top celebrities who are saving sex until marriage
• Open discussion on the “hot topics” of pop-culture is also available in addition to any of the media topics listed
• Tina uses the same show format as the other topics listed. In addition, she answers the top questions many parents have:
o How do I stay updated on the latest media influences on my family?
o What are some positive entertainment choices for my children?
o How can I protect my family from the negative entertainment?
o How can I set house guidelines?
• Tina gives the latest positive entertainment available – TV shows, movies, magazines, books, websites, etc.
Dr. Keith Ablow show - Tina & Luke guest appearance
1 HOUR OR LESS